Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another busy day

Today, schedule was very packed.  Morning 10am supposed to have an hour training but was delayed due to late arrival of trainer.  In the end changed to12 noon.  Last minute attended an ops meeting at 11.30am.  Finished by 12.30pm and waited for the trainer to conduct the training.  Was shocked to hear from my another colleague that it was cancelled and will be rescheduled.    Wasted time to wait for the training to start.  In the end, we were too late to meet ex boss and colleagues for lunch.

I followed my colleague to MBC to run errand and had lunch at Ichiban-boshi Japanese restaurant.  Ended up ordering same set that I always ordered.

Rushed to Millenium Walk for coffee session with one supplier.  Meeting time should be 2.30pm but my colleague and I were late.  Few of our colleagues went there earlier and we just join in half way.  Finished at about 4pm and back in office at 4.45pm.

Trying to settle my paperwork as I basically had done nothing for the whole morning and afternoon.  Thought I can do my own work but being called in for the training at 5.15pm.  Last minute again.  Really rubber timing.

Right after the training, followed by video conference with Germany colleagues.  Finally, I was able to sit on my chair and finish some work.  Really hectic schedule.  I hate last minutes meetings.

Got updates from my sister about my dad's injury.  Heard from her that the doctor told her that the wound is very deep and considered serious.  Initially, trainee doc attended to the wound but later changed to senior doc as my sister was being told that the wound is so bad that doc can see the ligaments.  They were so amazed that the drilling did not touch the ligaments in my dad's index finger.

In order to ensure full recovery, doc suggested to let my dad goes for physiotherapy after tomorrow's follow up appointment.  My sister taking half day to accompany my dad.  I told her to just proceed with doc suggestion.  I cannot take leave hence needs her to attend.

I told my sister that we must "educate" our parents to take good care of themselves.  This help themselves and also help us uh.  Hope we don't have to worry for them again uh.

No comments:

Post a Comment