Monday, April 28, 2014

Touching

Got a FB post from my good friend whom I know her for 17 years.  Got to know her in my first job and we decided to go for a trip when we barely know each other for less than 2 weeks.

I left the company just after she joined for about 2 - 3 weeks and from then on, we kept in touch and planned for holidays together.  First trip to Australia (Gold Coast and Sydney).  Second trip to USA (LA/San Francisco/Las Vegas).  Third trip to Hong Kong.  Fourth trip to Europe (Italy/Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Belgium/Venice).

Stopped after year 2000 when she started dating, got married and has a pretty daughter.  No more spare time to travel.

I admit I didn't do my part to catch up with her and just on and off wrote what's apps messages to keep in touch.

This evening, saw one of her FB post and I am so touched that she is still keeping the birthday card I gave her 14 years ago.

Exchanges some messages with her and we decided to meet up for lunch and coffee next Sunday.  I want to chit chat with her again.  Now her daughter has grown up, will have more time to meet up for coffee/lunch/dinner.

Another post of her makes me feel a bit strange and not feeling quite comfortable.  I dunno why but just hope she is just passing some casual remark.

Looking forward to our catch up session.  :)

14 year old card

No comments:

Post a Comment