Sunday, February 1, 2009

Trip to temple to 拜太岁

Every year, I will make a trip to Toa Payoh temple "双林寺" during Chinese New Year. It's to pray for our good health and luck for the new year. This afternoon, I went with my parents and brother as usual.

We reached there at around 2.30pm and it was not so crowded. This year I 犯太岁 hence need to pray to keep bad luck away. Not too sure if I will really be that bad luck but its better to do what my mum said. Anyway, I can also pray for good health and smooth year ahead.

It was coincidence that we met our relatives and my parent's friend at the temple. There were so many people there and yet we bumped into them. :)

Took some photos of the temple and flowers that I found them with nice colour. It was rather hot today hence we only stayed a while and head back home.

Today is everyone's birthday (农历初七 - 人日) and we celebrated this day by having dinner at a restaurant near my house. The boss is from Hong Kong and the food tastes good. Prices are reasonable too. We knew the boss there and he usually recommend us new menu. We had some 寿桃 as complimentary.

Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment