Saturday, December 28, 2013

Disappointed

This morning, I was looking forward to the dinner tonight at Melt The World Cafe with my parents, sis and bro.  However, it turned out bad.

Went there few times and very satisfied with the seafood, especially lobsters.  Hence, decided to bring my parents there and telling them how good the lobsters are and just need to focus on this dish.

However....  we reached there with a lot of people already there before 6.30pm.  We had a table near the noodles counter.  Zoomed to have lobsters and due to long queue, I just took 2 pieces, thinking I could take again later.

Finished the 2 pieces and since it was still having queue at the seafood counter, I went to have salads and sashimi.  Finished and decided to queue for the lobsters but found no stock there.

Waited and waited for almost an hour still no replenishment.  My sis and I found it strange because usually they were replenished pretty fast.  No choice but to take other food first.

2 hours passed and still see no sign of the lobsters.  The empty bowl was filled with lobsters craws only.  I told my sister if no lobsters, paying $88+++ was very expensive.

One of the staff came and while clearing our plates, asked if everything was ok.  Both my sis and I said "no".  He was shocked and asked what happened.  We asked him why today the lobsters no replenishment after serving out just one or two times.  He apologised and said he will feedback to the chef and advised us.

After a while, he came and served us a plate of lobsters (9 pcs).  He explained to us that it was due to lobsters stock running very low due to past few days with overwhelmed guests.  I personally think this should not be the excuse as the cafe should cater sufficient food for the crowd.  Anyway, the guy was quite good hence we did not tell him that.  Just accepted the lobsters and finished them.

Next time, do not go during festive season....

No comments:

Post a Comment