Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big decision made

This afternoon, I went to my cousin's house for her celebration of giving birth to a baby boy. Our agenda for the day was to go there first at around 1 pm and followed by viewing houses after that.

The first viewing was at Jalan Bukit Merah at 2 - 2.30pm and followed by Serangoon at 4pm. We went for the first viewing and although its nearer to my work place and its a corner unit, the surrounding and the unit did not make us comfortable. My aunt did not recommend that unit and said she just wanna bring me around to see different layout units. Its a 3I unit and may not be easy to sell off in future. New generations do not like separate bathroom and toilet.

Next we went to Chinatown to make balance payment for our Taiwan trip since it was still early. We collected one of the free luggage and a watch. There are 2 colours for the luggage and saw a lot of people carrying out the green ones. Heard there were no more stock for pink ones. The one we collected was for my aunt (we are entitled for 2 pcs). We will collect ours later (actually should collect as my uncle drove us around today and sent us back). So surprised that when we got the luggage, it was a pink one. So lucky... We didn't ask for it (others did) and we got it! When we carried it out of the travel agency, everyone who was carrying the green ones were staring at us. We hurriedly zoomed all the way out...

Went for 2nd viewing at Serangoon Ave 4. I thought it would be just another fast viewing but it led to my big and bold decision to buy the unit. It is an unit at 6th floor. My aunt said this one may not be suitable as it is not a corner unit (I kept stressing I want corner unit for privacy) so we thought just view for fun and experience. We met up with the co-broke agent. He was so blurred to bring us up to the 5th floor.

When we walked up the the 6th floor and saw the unit, I kind of like the layout. Its a corridor unit but the window is higher and people can't peak in when walking pass. Need to walk up a few steps before entering the house. The door is face to face to another unit. Total only about 5 - 6 units per floor. Not complicated and the walkway is spacious.

Once I entered the house, I felt so comfortable. The layout is nice and after walking around, felt quite like it. My aunt told us not to show our interest during the viewing. To tell her only after we left the house. So we just walked around and mentioned nothing. Just asked basic info like any afternoon sun etc. The unit was renovated and there is not much renovation needed. Valuation was $325k and asking for 40k cash. Owner did not agree for an offer of 37k by earlier viewer.

We went downstairs and my aunt asked me how was it. I told her environment was quite good and I was feeling comfortable with the unit. She also said she liked it and mentioned that if I really like it, dun take time to consider too much as it will be grabbed by others if this unit goes into the market. I said ok and she calculated the sum of money I required to purchase this house. I agreed with the 40k and the owner accepted. My aunt said that 40k was high but considering I need not renovate the flooring, windows, gate etc, it was ok.

I made the decision to BUY. After doing sales, I kind of knowing the importance of timing. Sharp and go.... Done deal! Paid deposit and it will be mine by end of the year.

The location is not near to MRT which I plan for but it is still within walking distance (abt 15 - 20mins slow walk). Many buses from Serangoon mrt to the block. So waiting time is not as bad as what I am experiencing now (sometime took 20mins to wait for a feeder bus to my current home). Near to NEX. Coffee shops and shops within walking distance (not around the block but a 7 - 10mins walk). It is more peaceful without coffee shops around the block. Its a choice between peace or convenient. LOL.

Finally, made this decision. Told my dad. Though not much comments from him but I think he is ok lah. He knew I was looking for a house but maybe he did not think that I will decide it so soon. Shall tell my elder sister tomorrow when we had dinner at UE Square to celebrate her birthday in advance.

Kind of feeling peaceful from the time I stepped into the unit and signed the option form. Perhaps it is fated for me to get this house. If I said no to my aunt for the viewing that its not near working place, I would not have a chance to find this little unit. :)

Had dinner at The Ship @ NEX. My treat to my aunt and uncle. My aunt helped me get this house. My uncle chauffeuring us around for whole day. My cousin so happy to have the dinner which came with ice-cream. Not many occasions to give them treat so I must do so today.

Oh yah... Today marked the first day of opening of Circle line stations from Harbourfront to Dhoby Ghaut.

Brunch cooked by mum


Dinner at The Ship@NEX







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finally buying a house! Is it 3 or 4 room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No money to buy 4 room lei. Its a 3NG room flat. 67sqm. Quite small lah :)

    ReplyDelete