Saturday, April 6, 2013

My very FIRST time to carry new born baby

This early morning, I was being disturbed and woke up at 6.30am by the noise made by my window blind.  My windows were not opened wide but due to the very strong wind outside, it caused my blind to flip and knocked onto the window grills.  It was so noisy until I could be waken up.  I usually can sleep through the night and will not wake up no matter how noisy is it.

Good weather when I woke up.  Windy outside and can feel the breeze in my kitchen. 

My mum had been wanting to go to Bugis temple for praying hence we decided to go today.  Our meeting time was 1.30pm at Bugis MRT station.  I took a bus to Paya Lebar MRT station and it was drizzling.  I made a stupid mistake to alight one stop earlier and also forgot to tap the card (was panicked that I got the wrong stop but too pai sei to not to get down as I was the only one who was getting down).  In the end, had to take another bus to the station.

We had lunch at MOF as we were all very hungry.  We ordered desserts too and they were good.





















My sister went to a wake and my mum & I went to the temple.  After the praying, we took bus to Chinatown as I wanted to change currency for next week trip.  The rate went down a bit and is quite good at 1.295. 

Got to know that my cousin gave birth to baby boy and we decided to go and visit her at NUH this evening.  My mum, sister and me met up with my aunt and uncle at 7pm.  I finally carried new born baby!  At first, I refused to carry him when my cousin offered to let me try carrying him as  I had no confidence in carrying babies.  My cousin asked me to just hold my arms at a comfortable position and she carried the baby and laid on my arms.  Wow....  so happy to carry him.  He is so adorable.  He looks so tiny when I held him.  He is just 2.4kg and being induced out as doctor worried that he is too small and may be dangerous to wait till the due date on 23 Apr.  This is my FIRST time.  :)

After the visiting, we went for dinner at the Food Court.  My aunt's client said that the house they just rented has no gas and cannot cook for 2 days.  They are from India and cannot eat outside processed food.  One of the sharing tenant was so unreasonable and my aunt said she would buy an induction cooker for them.  If they make spoil, they have to pay for it.  My aunt was so angry with one of the man. 

As it was already past 10pm.  All electrical shops were closed.  We tried Clementi NTUC but it did not sell the cooker.  Hence my uncle drove us to NEX as I was very sure we can find it there and it is open 24hrs.  Managed to get the cooker at promo price of $34.90.

We decided to take cab home ourselves so that my uncle just needs to send my aunt to the unit at Bt Merah.  By the time we reached home, it was already 11.30pm.

Quite tired today due to the disturbance of sleep in the early morning.  I slept at 3am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment