Saturday, July 16, 2011

High Tea

It has been a long time since I went for High Tea. Initially, I managed to book a table on 13 Aug at Tea Lounge @ The Regent hotel but I was lucky that someone gave up the table that allowed me to have the table today since I was on the waiting list.

Booked time at 1 pm but we only reached there at 1.15pm. There was a traffic jam. Luckily we managed to reach by 1.15pm as the holding period was only 15mins.

I was so surprised that the set up was so cosy and so "English" that made me thought that I was in overseas. The spread was good and everything looked so tasty. Tried many dishes and although there were still few others which I did not get to try (either I dare not eat or too full to eat), I was very satisfied with the spread. It was not cheap (3 pax $170+) but the quality and atmosphere made you willing to pay for next visit.

The food was always topped up and there was no need for one to "snatch" food. Unlike other buffet where you may have to wait or be fast to get popular dishes, you can eat slowly and in peace here. My mum and sister were happy with the food too. We will go again. Definitely. Will tempt my dad and ask him to take leave on Saturday to enjoy this super nice high tea buffet. No regrets definitely.

We ate slowly and stayed til 4.40pm. Walked slowly to Orchard and bought some goodies from Takashimaya basement. Also bought some utensils ~ so aunty hor...

A very good afternoon for me to relax. I think I need such relaxing time once in a while. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment