Saturday, November 12, 2011

Arrived in Tokyo

After transit at KL, finally touched down at Narita airport at ard 7.15am. It took quite some time to clear immigration as there was only one counter opened for foreign passport holders. After some time, we were directed slowly to those priority lane and locals lanes.

My plan was to catch the 8.16am NEX to Ikebukuro. Time ticking away and after collecting my luggage, it was already 7.50am. I quickly queued up to purchase the Suica + NEX package card and finally able to catch the train. Did a small mistake and I almost got wrong ticket. I was heading for Otsuka station but by error, I told the counter lady that I was heading for Otsuki. Otsuka was just a station away from Ikebukuro. Otsuki was many stations away from Shinjuku station. Luckily I managed to realise the error before I reserved the wrong seat.

After I reached Ikebukuro station, made another stupid mistake. Happily saw the train for Yamanote line and just board. Only realised that I board wrong direction train when it announced next station is Meijiro. So I had to get out and took the opposite direction train back to Otsuka (Yamanote line is a loop service).

The hotel was very easy to locate. Just about 2 mins from the station. Before I got in to Toyoko inn, already saw 小珠 waving at me through the window. Felt so homely to have some one welcoming me. :)

After checking in, I kept my luggage at 小珠 and Tulip's room as my room ready only by 3pm. We left the hotel at around 10.45am and started our shopping. First destination was to the Mitsui Outlet mall. Ate lunch there and I bought some household items from Franc Franc. Also one small Agnes B bag. Cheap so can buy lor.

Next, we went to Shinjuku's Takashimaya, Isetan, Kinokuniya and went back to hotel with tired legs. Hope day walking. I bought total 5 bags today. Hit my target to buy bags. 1 from Agnes B outlet mall, 2 from Agnes B at Isetan, 1 from Samantha Thavasa and 1 from Samantha Vega.

Very satisfied today and I also managed to eat the ramen that I was craving for so long at Shinjuku. Nice soup base. Yummy yummy.

We went back to hotel and spent some time chatting and taking photos of our purchased items.

Sleeping alone tonight. I think I will lay flat tonight. Did not sleep on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment