Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sumptuous dinner

This afternoon, we went to our aunt's house. Woke up earlier this morning as need to prepare and ensure I would be ready before my sister was back from her church service. Took my dad's company van to Ang Mo Kio and reached there at 1.45pm.

We ate some finger food and played a few rounds of black jack. No luck today. Lost about $10. My younger sister and brother were the winner. They won back their $$$ during the few rounds of games where the highest point holder will win the pool of $$$. For one round winning, one could easily recoup his loss.

My aunt's family had another gathering to attend hence we left her house at 5.10pm. Booked a table at Long Beach @ Dempsey. It was to celebrate my mum's belated birthday. In fact, we had gave a treat to her last weekend but today, was with my elder sister's family.

We decided not to take the CNY menu. All of us agreed to order one Alaska crab. It costs a bomb! Appx $800 for a 5 kg one. There was no smaller crab and 5 kg was the smallest available. Since we were giving a treat to my mum and we also would like to try the crab, we just ordered one. The captain was good to introduce 2 kinds of cooking the crabs plus a few more dishes.

Conclusion is : We never regret spending the money. It was really good and value for money. The crab was so meaty and fresh. Would want to eat again... but only during special event lah. Else cannot tahan... Luckily we are sharing the cost.

Back to work tomorrow. So fast...

Dinner at Long Beach @ Dempsey








No comments:

Post a Comment