Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blur Queen

This morning, I took my old laptop out to do some housekeeping. It had been 3 months since I last used this laptop. Thought of clearing unnecessary data so that in case I want to pass to my aunt or god niece, it will be easier.

However, I found that I could not log in with the password I thought it should be. I realised that I had changed the password to something easy for my sister to remember since her laptop had some problem and sent for repair few months ago. In the end, spent almost 30mins figuring out the correct password but with no luck.

Still could not stand myself forgetting the password, I started to try my luck again in the afternoon. My niece joined the "fun" and tried keying words she liked. I told her I will try myself as she would not know any of those "potential" passwords. However, miracle appeared. After my niece keyed in some characters, I managed to log in. Asked her what did she key and the password was what I had tried earlier on. Did not understand why it did not work earlier. Strange lei.

I quickly reset the password to the same one I am using for my new laptop. Better play safe uh.

No comments:

Post a Comment