Thursday, January 24, 2013

Serious health problem

This morning, I woke up with same giddiness.  However, just went to work as normal day since it recovered after a while.

Had a good meal at West Coast Plaza.  The Sze Char was good and cheap.

Back in office and since there was not much thing to do, I went to see doctor with 小珠.  She still have itch on her throat and for me, I found it strange to have giddiness these few days and was worried that it could be due to my blood pressure increase.

We waited for a while and my turn came.  Talked to the doctor and he took measurement for my blood pressure.  His face turned strange and told me that my blood pressure was very high.  First measurement on my left arm was 180 and second measurement on my right arm was 160.  He said to be safe, he wanted to send me to A & E to have a check up.  When I heard that, I was so scared.  Why so sudden that my blood pressure went up so high?

He asked me not to worry.  It was just a check up.  He said it was ok to be over-reacted than did nothing but caused problem later.  I went back to office to pack up and when my boss and colleagues heard "A & E", they were so worried and asked me to go immediately.  My colleagues offered to send me there.  I could handle myself by taking a cab but my boss said no.  My colleague sent me there and stayed with me until my sister came.

I did another measurement of my blood pressure at the consultation room and it was 179/111.  Very very high.  I did a blood test for sugar level and ECG before being sent to the observation room.  A young doctor came to explain that they will do a blood test for me and also x-ray my chest.  Will also take medicine to see if the blood pressure will go down.

The whole process took quite long and I was sitting inside the room watching TV.  However, I could not really watch relaxing as the chair was not very comfortable.  I kept looking around and it made me recall the those dramas that stories were about emergency room.  Now I was really there.

My sister waited for me for about 2 hours.  Finally result came and I was glad that the blood test and xray had no problem.  Blood pressure also went down to 147 after the medication.  I was allowed to go home.  I still need to see GP doctor next week and to pass him the test results.

The whole commotion made me so scared.  I decided to sleep earlier tonight and also to get a blood pressure monitor.  With advice from doctor, I will start the hypertension medication from tomorrow onwards.

My sister insisted me to go back to Pasir Ris with her.  At least could eat home cooked dinner.  With discipline mistress around, I will have to listen to her.

Pray hard that everything is fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment