Friday, October 23, 2009

Toughest night

Back home after attending our company event at Sentosa. Before I went for the dinner, I was actually dragging myself there. My boss told us to go so as to show that we supported the event. However out of 8 of us from our section, only 3 were there. I am one of the "unlucky" one.

The dinner event started at 7pm but we reached there only at around 7.30pm. We had to finish our work before leaving office. Most of our colleagues were there since 4pm as there was team building games.

When we reached Rasa Sentosa, we had to first draw our table number and that fixed our destiny on who we were sitting with. My table was not full but I only knew one of the table member and not much to talk too. In the end, I found myself eating on my own and watching the host (Flying Dutchman) leading the games. When table members talking, I was just acting listening to it (but actually don't know what they talking about) and smile aimlessly (傻笑).

That's how bad it was by having dinner with "strangers". Although the few colleagues sitting together are quite friendly, but because some of them already know each other and have a lot of things to talk or joke about, I somehow felt left out. That feeling is so bad. Our dept is too big until we do not know all colleagues. Even when you see them everyday, some do not even smile to you.

How I wish I can don't join it in the first place. Being sabotage by my boss uh... I did not even eat much and start to feel hungry now.

PS : 小珠, you made the right choice!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe... now you should understand why I absolutely don't want to go after I had a similar experience previously.

    You all didn't leave early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sneak off at ard 9.45pm during a 3mins break. I was sitting right in front of the stage and my bag is SO BIG until everybody can see I was going off. Ha Ha...

    ReplyDelete