Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 6 : First visit toTokyo Tower

This morning, we woke up extremely early to catch our early flight to Tokyo. One thing good about the group members for this tour are all very punctual. Most of the time, everyone is on time. Therefore, we left the hotel promptly.

We reached the airport just on time and there wasn't any extra time for us to shop at New Chitose airport. Luckily we had bought all goodies earlier and need not rush to buy from the airport. If more time given for us to shop there, I was sure we will buy some more goodies back. Hee hee.

Once we reached Haneda airport, first stop was to stop by at Tokyo Tower. I went to Tokyo a few times but never been to this place. Finally I had a chance. It was only today then I knew that Tokyo Tower was higher than Effiel Tower. Tokyo Tower was 333m high where Effiel
Tower was 324m high. Japan will have a new tower scheduled to be completed end of 2010. It will be 634m high. Wow!!! I dared not go up. Too high for me. I bought a cup of ice-cream and enjoyed it before getting back onto the bus.

Next, we had lunch at Asakusa. The restaurant we went was not my first visit. Previous 2 tour packages brought us there and I dined there with 小珠 before too. Today, we had tempura bento set.

After lunch, our family chose to walk on our own instead of following the tour guide. Had visit the temple and shopped around. Saw few trees full of oranges. So tempted to pluck them and eat. No no no.... can't pluck fruits there.

Guess what I bought there??? It's a bag which is similar to the one Nodame was carrying in the drama/movie "Nodame Cantabile". I am going to use it to put my laptop.

We had 3 hours to shop at Ginza. Our main purpose was to go to Burberry boutique and also to find the Agnes B bag which I wanted to buy. Luckily, I managed to find it and bought it immediately without wasting any time.

As our legs were getting tired, we wanted to find a cafe to have some drinks. Did not know that Japanese like tea time and all cafes were full. Finally managed to find one that had seats to accommodate 7 of us. Quite disappointed that I did not eat any cakes there as was still feeling full. Next time lah. Definitely will go again and try Almond Cafe cakes.

Took a photo of the new Nissan car. It was so cute. Japanese really innovative. The sky getting dark and we went for our dinner. This restaurant was not new to us. We came to this restaurant during our family previous trip (Osaka/kyoto/Tokyo tour package). It was a Chinese restaurant and the food were better than the one we had yesterday. This one has standard. Thumbs up.

This end our 6th day and tomorrow will be our last day in Japan. Will take the 5.30pm flight back to Singapore. So sad... Holiday ending... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment