Saturday, January 7, 2012

Home renovation

Today, I made appointment with the renovation contractor introduced by my elder sister at 2pm. Went to the house with my mum and younger sister. The guy was very experienced and usually go on site visits. Therefore, he gave comments immediately when he started to look at my house.

First of all, his idea is same as mine where the layout of the kitchen needs to be changed. Just heard from him that nowadays, hardly people do tiles on kitchen walls. He suggested to mend up with cement and just do painting on it. Also will change the kitchen door to center and my little window will be gone. I want light to get into the living room from kitchen hence he will do a small glass panel i/o of wall at the left side of the door. I leave to him to design for me.

After going through all areas, it will be a big renovation. Now will wait for his quotation and design. My aunt made another appointment for me at 4pm and the contractor came. This one, he did not suggest many changes and just go according to what I want to change. My aunt told him I am having budget for the renovation hence I think he dared not recommend a lot of changes. I believe his quotation will be cheaper but let me see his quote and design first. Then I can make a comparison.

Next week I will take time to meet up with these contractors to let me make my final decision on which one to engage. My aunt has another 2 to recommend and my colleague's cousin, I also yet to contact them. I shall see how are these 2 quotes first. I hate rejecting people....

Went to NEX for dinner. Had Japanese dinner at Ichiban boshi. Very good meal. After that, we shopped a while and sad that I could not find any suitable clothing at BEGA. My sister said how about going to Isetan to shop. Luckily we went. I managed to buy 3 blouses from OAMC and my sister bought 3 blouses and 1 dress. New clothing for CNY.

I cannot imagine that we left only 2 weeks and its CNY. No preparation yet. Must cheong liao.









No comments:

Post a Comment