Sunday, January 15, 2012

Neighbour's wedding invitation

Today, it's our neighbour's younger sister's wedding. Theirs was a rather grand one at our void deck. I did not want to attend as need to change clothing hence asked my elder sister to accompany my dad. Initially, they just planned to pass the angpow but my sister said that $200 angpow, should just attend and eat something. First time attending Malay's wedding so wanted to see how it was like.

Before that, I was trying to find out what is the current market rate. Only one of my colleague reverted. Since invitation was extended to our whole family, we think that $200 was appropriate. My colleague's advice was if for friends, about $20 - $30. For acquaintance, about $10. For family/relatives, about $50. So ours should be just nice lah. Hope so...

Entertained my niece this afternoon and also did some spring cleaning on my wardrobe. Went to Changi City Point mall to buy some dried food for my mum to cook during CNY. Also bought few cans for abalone from ZTP. We found out that the store at Simei was closed down and shifted to Changi City Point mall. We could recognise the store assistants. One of the lady still remembered us although we only go there once a year. After that, went to Cold Storage to get some drinks and chocolates for CNY. The drinks are additional ones to those we bought earlier.

I also managed to buy 3 sleeveless top for home wearing during CNY and one belt as my current one is going to break into 2 pieces any time... Sad that I could not find shorts for home wearing. Need to knock off earlier coming week to look for at least 2 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment