Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back home safely

Hello.... I'm back! This ends my 5 days 3 nights holiday in Tokyo. What a short one...

We had late dinner yesterday and ended up sleeping at 2.45am. Went to the same restaurant as we were too tired to look for another one that open till late hours and also partly due to the food there is so nice and of reasonable price. The most happiest part is... we managed to eat the seasonal honeydew that were sold out on previous 2 nights. We ordered 2 pieces and they were soooooo sweet. Yummy.

Our flight was at 11.30am and arrived Changi airport at around 5pm which was ahead of the eta (5.40pm). I was carrying a big big bag of titbits. Did some last minute shopping at Narita airport hence my bag had grown fatter and heavier. Tried some of the cakes I bought and they were nice. Next time I know I can buy them again.

Finished unpacking and washed my clothing immediately. Managed to store my titbits in proper place too (else my mum will scream at the mess). After settling down, I started to read my emails so that I can clear them before I am back in office tomorrow. Do not want to be too blur on what's happening. Just cleared them and now I am in the mid of transferring my photos to pc. Also at the same time, playing my facebook games. Multi-tasking! I suddenly remember that I yet to take dinner. Ha ha....

Early this morning (5.07am), there was an earthquake measured magtitude of 6.4 at Shizuoka. This was felt in Tokyo too. I woke up at 5am (need to catch bus to airport at 7am) and was showering halfway when I felt giddy and cannot stand properly. First thought was, am I too hungry that I am feeling weak and giddy??? But after few seconds, I was sure that this was not the case because I saw the hanger swinging quite vigorously. I guessed it should be an earthquake and tried to stabalised myself before continuing my shower and be out of the bathroom asap. Luckily it was a minor one in Tokyo and there was no need for evacuation.

I better rest early today so that I will not become a zombie tomorrow in office. :)

Fish cake from Sendai bought at Narita airport



Cake bought from Narita airport



Potato chip that I like. Cannot find in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment