Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ramen ~ Ippudo 一風堂

This afternoon, we went to Meritius Mandarin Gallery to try the newest popular ramen store. This is a branch from Japan and always have long queue during peak hours.

The soup base is Tonkotsu which I love. The first taste of the soup was salty but seem like my tongue got used to it after a while. Overall is good except that I still find the egg is nicer at Marutama restaurant. The one I ate today was too cooked. I like the half cooked type. Perhaps I shall look out for this restaurant chain in Japan and try it there.

Very special about this restaurant is that it opens at 11am and closes at 5pm. Not only in Singapore, majority of their restaurants opening hours are from 11 am to 3 or 4pm. Some only opens from 11am to 1pm. That shows how popular this restaurants are that no need to open for long hours. :)

There is one branch at Sapporo 狸小路. Perhaps can try there during my trip next week. Wow, left one week and I will be in Hokkaido!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment