Saturday, December 4, 2010

Buffet at Hotel Novotel Clarke Quay ~ The Square restaurant

This evening, I met up with 小珠 at Clarke Quay MRT station as we were going to have buffet dinner at Hotel Novotel Clarke Quay. My intention was to go earlier than the meeting time so that I could buy bread from the shop I used to buy when I was in our temp office 2 months ago and to visit the shop which my colleague mentioned that I can buy cute ezlink card stickers.

However, due to I took quite some time to finish my office work, I managed to reach The Central only at 5.30pm. In the end, I just had enough time to buy bread and no time to shop for the ezlink card stickers. Shall go there another day.

When we reached the restaurant, it was not crowded. The area was not too big and part of the area was open air. Not many people today and we saw many foreigners instead of locals. There were black pepper and chilli crabs. We took some and ended up unable to eat them due to the shells were too hard and we had trouble trying to break them using crab crackers. Had a commotion there where the crab was too slippery and 小珠 accidentally let it dropped on the floor with a loud sound. We kept quiet and started to laugh after a while. Other diners who saw this laughed too. There was a foreigner who purposely walked over and told us that his wife had same problem to crack the crab hard shells and suggested to give feedback to the restaurant. In the end, we decided to give up and change to eat other dishes. Hee hee...

The spread was not as wide range as what we had in Crowne Plaza ~ The Azur. However, we did enjoy eating the food and desserts while chit chatting. Had good time there and we mentioned that we should go for buffet once a month to catch up with each other.

We left at 10pm and on our way to take train, I bought a strawberry swiss roll from one of those stall set up near Singapore River. Too bad that the dog pattern cookies were sold out and the mango peach & black forest flavor swiss rolls were sold out too. Got their name card and shall buy from their main shop near Lavender MRT one of these days. Shall try to eat the swiss roll tomorrow. It should be nice.

My sister came to collect luggage borrowed from us. Tomorrow she will need to stay at home to do packing as she foresees that she needs to continue to work late next week before her trip to Hong Kong. Therefore tomorrow will be a quiet day for us. We intend to dine out for dinner. Treats as birthday celebration for me and my younger sister. I will not be taking leave on Monday as there is no back up for my work yet. Shall take a break only after I can ensure coverage is there and I do not have to worry during I am on leave. Anyway, I already get prepared that no leaves for me for 2nd half of 2010.

Christmas is approaching. Wants to go to Orchard road to enjoy the festive season atmosphere. When to go lei? Need to find one of the Saturday to do my Christmas shopping...






No comments:

Post a Comment