Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fruitful Saturday

This afternoon, I went for my haircut at 2pm. Reached the salon just in time. Luckily, today my stylist was not very busy and I managed to complete my haircut by 3.15pm. Arranged to meet my mum and sister at Somerset Mrt as we were going to the new shopping mall ~ Triple One.

Christmas tree at Triple One mall


As my sister was hungry, we went to eat ramen. Shop name is Sanomaru Sapporo Ramen. As I was still quite full from the instant noodle I ate before going out for my haircut, I just ate the side dishes we ordered for sharing. My sister ordered the special shoyu ramen and my mum ordered the special miso ramen. The "special" was in fact meant ramen with all ingredients.









The food was not too bad and as it was a pretty new shopping mall, the place was very quiet. The restaurant was empty too. Perhaps need to wait till more people is aware of this place before we can see crowds there. However, I like the set up of this restaurant. It made me felt as if I was in Japan. :)

After that, we went to Takashimaya for shopping. Bought a few x'mas gifts and still have a few more items to buy. Shall wait till next Saturday to continue. Left not much time liao...

Brings back old memories


We went to basement to buy my favourite donuts. In the end, resulted in me incurring huge costs. We walked past a pastry shop ~ Perla's Pastry Boutique and my mum saw the fruit tart and would like to try it. The shop assistant recommended those best sellers to us and also introduced their x'mas cakes. They sell Italian cakes and tarts.

In the end, we ordered one x'mas cake and 2 fruit tarts. One of the tart was for take away on the spot. The other one to deliver on 24th Dec with the x'mas cake. The xmas cake costs $98! This was the most expensive cake I bought. However, I don't mind buying it as it tasted really good. Had textile like bread and the chocolate, rum etc was fantastic. The shop assistant let us tried the sample which not to be distributed to any one (costly lah). Shall look forward to christmas so as to enjoy the cake and tart. Their tarts were good too. We tried the 3 kind of berries tart and decided to buy home. The strawberries tart was popular too and we keep it for christmas delivery. A bit expensive but as long as we enjoy them, ok lah, Once a year only...

3 kinds of berries on the tart

No comments:

Post a Comment