Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy and tired morning

This morning, I took bus to Kovan station as usual. Midway, I received sms from my sister who left office that North East Line had train disruption. She suggested me to go direct to Serangoon station and took Circle Line to Dhoby Ghaut station for chasing train to HarbourFront station. I decided to take her advice but being so blurred, I still alight at Kovan station and walked toward the platform. Only reaching the gate then realised that I need to take bus to Serangoon station as the station was so crowded with people waiting for the delayed trains. I found it strange that there was no announcement made to inform passengers that there was train disruption at that time. Time was 9.10am.

I took a bus to Serangoon station to take Circle line. Was deciding between taking train to Dhoby Ghaut or to Bishan station and change to North South line. Finally decided on taking train to Bishan station as there were lessor stations in total. My sister told me not to get lost in Bishan station as this was my first time taking Circle line. True enough, I got lost there. I was looking for Circle line direction and could not find it as I could only see North South line direction. Got what I was blurred on? I got out of train from Circle line and still looking for Circle line direction to take train!!! Correct one was to take North South line lah...

Was in the train towards Dhoby Ghaut when I received another sms from my sister. She said train was still delayed and hence she decided to take bus to office. Her colleague who took train from Serangoon station around 8am was still stuck at Clarke Quay station. Time was 9.40am. Therefore, I decided to take train till Raffles Place station and change bus to HarbourFront.

Was glad that I still had option to take various route while walking towards the bus stop but was so shocked that the bridge leading to the opposite road was blocked. I could not see any underpass or traffic light nearby for me to cross over. Asked a lady and she said I had to walk all the way to Fullerton to take the underpass and walk back to reach the bus stop. It will take me at least 20mins to get to the opposite bus stop!!! In the end, I surrendered and took a cab to office. Luckily there was cab at the taxi stand and no more peak hour/ERP charge.

The whole morning activity made me so tired and worsen my headache which I had from time I woke up. Hope this will not happen again uh...

No comments:

Post a Comment