Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So angry ~ Wasted $$$

Today I went to SNEC for follow up review on my eye. If everything went smoothly, I should be "discharge" today. However.....

I took a cab and reached the centre at 2.45pm. My appointment was 3.15pm. So pai sei that I was told to scan my appointment card at the machine instead of giving it to the registration counter. It had been few months I was not there and they changed the procedure.

After doing the eye pressure test, I waited outside the consultation room. I was replying to emails while waiting and thought the most, waiting time will be 30 - 45mins. There were quite a number of emails to response and it was already 4.30pm. I could not believe that the waiting time was so.... long. My phone battery was very low and I need to be back in office to handle my work. 4.30pm onwards was the most crucial time.

Checked with the nurse and was told mine was after another patient who was waiting. I had timed each patient's consultation time and averagely 15 - 20mins per pax. I had to wait for another 30 - 40mins and I could not afford to wait anymore. Told the nurse that I had to reschedule and managed to change it to 13 May at 8.45am. I requested to be the first patient after doctor starts his consultation. However, this will be subject to "emergency case" whereby he will attend to emergency surgery first before attending to me. Hope I won't be that unlucky.

It was raining and I was waiting at the taxi stand, praying hard to be my turn to get a cab soon and phone battery to withstand until I was back in office. Wanted to call for a cab but due to low battery, I could not afford to wait for the "high volume" waiting time to talk to the operator.

Waited for 30mins and still no cab. The security guard suggested to walk to Block 7 of SGH as there were more cabs coming in. No choice but to walk over. Luckily got a cab after waiting for about 10mins. I was on yahoo with my customer and the phone just switched off prompting very very low battery signal. Unable to turn on unless I charge it. Die die die....

I had important message to get across to my colleague too and while in the cab, I was deciding if to borrow the cab driver's mobile phone. The most I will pay for the call. However, I did not ask for it and "patiently" waited till I reached office.

Overall, I wasted about 3 hours and $14 for taking cab to/fro for nothing!!! So angry uh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment