Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First attempt

Today, I made my first attempt to buy shares. Heard of one stock that has potential hence decided to make a try. Bought 2 lots through my sister's account as I yet to apply for the online system.

However, 2 of us made a mistake which turned out to be not so bad. The price was HKD12.56 when we were monitoring. Usually, people will try to bid lower in order to get better price. We were too excited as never trade foreign shares before (this was my first time) plus so nervous to make a purchase, we bid at HKD12.60!

After submitting, my sister realised it and asked me why I bid for HKD12.60. I told her I didn't know and thought it was the way to get the bid. As we bid higher than the listed price at that moment, we got it immediately.

We were so sotong but eventually, it turned out to be blessing in disguise. The share price rose after that and hit highest at HKD12.80. It closed at HKD12.72. Wow... lucky lucky.

Now will need to monitor the price and sell them at right timing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment