Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I am brave today

This morning, I woke up with same pain on my tooth. Really could not stand it and asked my sister if she had any recommendation of a good dentist. Supposed to look for the dentist she recommended but he was not in the clinic today hence changed to another dentist. As I had problem even biting bread, I requested for most immediate slot to get my tooth examined by the dentist.

Luckily I managed to get the appointment at 11am today. The clinic was just next to our office building. After examining my tooth, the dentist gave me 2 choice. Either to extract or to do root canal treatment. Oh dear!!! Root Canal is my most scared treatment. Always heard people saying it is a painful process.

However, after asking many questions on the Root Canal treatment, I decided to go ahead with it. I was in pain and did not want to drag it. Also do not want to lose my tooth. I told the dentist that I was afraid of pain and she assured me that she will "highlight" to me during times when there would be sharp pain. Luckily I managed to complete the first treatment. Now I could recall, there were really sharp pain during the process. As I need to continue to work, I took 2 painkillers so that I would not be affected by the pain while working.

Tonight, I try not to take any more of the painkillers. Hope everything will be ok. Next appointment will be 2 weeks later and if all is well, my tooth can be sealed and next step will be to do crowning. Cost will be high to do the crowning but no choice, since I already done root canal, need to protect my tooth. Don't waste the pain I endured during the treatment... Ha ha... My sister said that I must be having great pain that made me done a bravery act to do the treatment. Imagined... I need to ask for anesthesia even when I need to do filling on my tooth. Otherwise, the dentist can never make me open my mouth.

Took porridge during lunch time and was hungry in the evening. Came home and tried to find something to eat. Due to the slight pain, I do not dare to eat solid food. No milo at home and finally ate 2 pieces of Royce chocolate with cereal/nuts. Bite using my 2 front teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment