Monday, September 20, 2010

Partially settled down

Today is rather chaotic for me. Reached new office at 10am and was busy cleaning and tidying up my desk for the whole morning.

Due to we are given 4 monitors attached to 1 CPU, we are rather "lost" on what to do with all the 4 screens. In my previous company, we were given 2 monitors so it was just nice. With 4, they occupied the whole space on my desk and I do not have space to put my files neatly. Have to think of a way now on how to pack my files properly for easy retrieval.

The office is huge and is a bit scary. Rows and rows of tables with 4 monitors. It's like a call centre. Ha ha... However, the space is good and the decor is not so o biang. Hee hee...

After much discussion and ideas given by one of my colleague, I decided to keep my laptop as a dummy set. I will transfer all my files to my desktop and keep my laptop at home. Whenever I need to work at home using my laptop, I will copy all my microsoft exchange files and data files in a portable disk. Just need to bring home the portable disk and overwrites the files saved in my laptop. A bit troublesome but this makes me easier where I need not carry my laptop to work everyday.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get use to the new workplace. Today I am not so efficient and had to clear back logs in the night time. Managed to leave office only at 10pm. Took a cab home and shall keep the receipt first. Still do not know if company allows us to claim taxi fare for working late.

No comments:

Post a Comment