Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Super busy day

This morning I had to attend a training at 9.30am which will last for 3 hours. Was a bit late and sat quietly at the front row (all other back rows seats fully taken). The trainer was so long winded that he mentioned that there will be a 15mins break at 11am but in the end it dragged till almost 12noon. Imagine we had sat on very hard plastic chairs for 2 1/2 hours and cannot move around to relax our body! In the end, majority of us left the room during the break thinking that the last 30mins will be for Q & A session. It was only known later that the 30mins was tutorial session and there were real cases for us to discuss. Too bad... we left the room. Not only my team members, others did the same thing. Ha ha...

Due to whole morning being used up by the training, I was rushing like a mad dog after I was back at my desk. In the end, we had our lunch only at 1.40pm. We went to the nearby 88 restaurant. My colleague recommended us for the set lunch at $7.80 nett per pax with reasonable portion and rather nice food. We decided to try it out. There were 5 of us and we could choose one dish each. The set came with free tea, rice, soup and dessert. Very worth it. We actually chose the $9.80 i/o $7.80 set as there were more varieties.

After lunch, was trying to continue my backlogs but received news from our contract staff that she decided to resign by first week of Dec as she has found a permanent job. We have to let go of her as we cannot provide her a permanent post hence have to start looking for replacement. Perhaps I already have sixth sense that she will be leaving us very soon, I was rather calm. Just worried that it will be very difficult life for me from Dec onwards. I have to take back my paperwork that is currently done by her. It will take sometime to teach the new person. . However, still wish her all the best on her new job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment