Wednesday, February 3, 2010

捞鱼生

Chinese New Year is around the corner and I had my first 捞鱼生 today.

We had 2 days sales meeting and luckily, I only needs to attend today's morning session. Went back to office after having lunch at Meritus Mandarin Hotel and traveled back to Orchard Paragon to attend the team dinner at 7.30pm.

Ate at this restaurant for a few times and I like the food there as the food is nice and of good quality. Of course, the prices are steep too. We reserved a room for 2 tables and managed to mingle around with our overseas colleagues without disturbing other guests as we were rather noisy.

I was rather surprised that we were having first dish as 捞鱼生. However, it did seem like many restaurants are already serving this as some companies are already starting to treat customers for Chinese New Year celebration. My overseas colleagues were not familiar with this dish hence we taught them how to do the 捞鱼生. They were rather surprised that we were too excited and messed up the dish. We had to explain that the tradition was to have it as high as possible so that our wishes will come true and at the same time, we were mixing the sauces and the vegetables so that it will taste good. They liked this dish and all finished the whole plate that was served to them individually.

The dessert we had was Yam Paste with Gingko Nuts. Very nice but I could not finish it. I was so full that had to request the waiter to serve small portions of the food to me. Let the guys had the bigger portions.

Found this sweet so nicely packed with this hotel famous chicken rice in Chatterbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment