Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chinese New Year Eve ~ Reunion Dinner

This morning, I woke up at 10.30am as usual for weekends. Today is Chinese New Year Eve and we had our reunion dinner at home. Few years ago, we had our dinner in restaurants but found that it was always so rush to finish the dinner within 1 1/2 hrs hence decided to eat hot pot at home comfortably.

My elder sister's family came at around 3pm and we had our dinner very early at 5pm. They left at around 7.30pm and we started to prepare the New Year goodies for tomorrow (大年初一). Usually we will stay at home on the first day but tomorrow we will be visiting our aunty (大姑). She is the eldest in the family and my father as her youngest brother should visit her out of respect. For past few years, we are too lazy to go as we know that many of our relatives will be there and she will not be lonely but since my brother-in-law passed his car to my younger sister over the New Year period, it will be convenient to drive our whole family there.

Think age is catching up. We could not finish the food and left quite a lot. My mum already cut down the quantity but we still could not finish them. As usual, we will keep the food in the refrigerator and will eat it whenever we feel like eating.

I will watch the channel 8 countdown TV program tonight and shall see if I can continue with my Korean drama. Left 4 episodes and shall see how many I can clear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment