Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another eventful day

This morning, I woke up at 7.45am and got out of house at 8.45am to take a cab to Adam Road. Was attending a church wedding there. I reached there too early as the traffic was very smooth and waited for 小珠 at the bus stop near the church. So embarrassed that the wedding ushers were there looking at me and wondering why I was standing outside the church but not going in.

We went in at about 9.45am and got seated at around 10am. Was sitting and feeling a bit tired and bored while waiting for the ceremony to start. Just before it started, we decided to get out of the church as we felt a bit "out of place" since no one we knew were there yet. In the end, both of us and Ah Cheng went for breakfast instead. Felt a bit bad in leaving before the ceremony but I think it should be fine since we did actually go. Just that we left "a bit" early.

Wedding souvenir (A coaster)
After having breakfast at Holland Village, Ah Cheng drove us to Buona Vista MRT station and we took a train to Bugis. Went to Sim Lim Square to shop for any suitable X'mas presents. I did not find any gift but bought a notebook read/cool table. Quite good as it can be adjusted to suit the sitting position. We walked round the complex for about 3 hours. Legs became tired and took breaks in between to have a drink before continuing. Finally my legs could not tahan the long walking and we ended up sitting in KFC having a drink for almost 45mins.

We went to Iluma shopping mall to shop and also to take a look at the quite new mall. I went there once with many shops still not open for business yet. When entered the mall, we saw these exhibition in celebration of 8 Days 1000th publication since 1990. I was more interested on the earlier issues and took some photos.

First 8 days magazine (1990)


New Kids on The Block. My idol during school days.


"Fresh" Aaron Kwok


"Bo Bo" look ~ Zoe Tay


Parts of the exhibit




We did not really shopped around the mall but actually spent the most time at the arcade (Tornado). We enjoyed watching people trying to catch those stuff toys etc. I was so amazed by the high tech arcade where the screens are LCD, games are so "chim" that we do not know how to play and also many many new games. We spent about 2 hours there!!!

There was this cosplay characters posing for photographing and I took one picture. While we were sitting at the sweets machine (actually was sitting down as our legs were aching), we were talking and suddenly I heard some noise from the machine in front of me. Ha ha.... there was a pkt of sweet and biscuit "dropped down". Since it dropped by itself, I took it lor. Hee hee...

Cosplay


Free sweet and biscuit


Machine giving me Free sweets


It was already near to 7pm and we walked over to Bugis Junction for our dinner. Went to MOF and we ordered soba and ramen set for sharing. Plus Unagi Onigiri. Yummy yummy. As this month is my birthday, there was a complimentary dessert for me. Although we were full at that time, we went ahead to order the ice-cream. In the end, we were super super the full and I had difficult walking with big stomach plus aching legs.

Unagi Onigiri


Soba and Ramen set


Dessert : Hokkaido ice-cream (Sesame/Green tea/Hazelnut)


Shopped for a while before going home and took some photos of the Christmas trees at Bugis Juction street.

No comments:

Post a Comment